In today’s competitive business landscape, marketing plays a critical role in any company’s success.
Having an effective marketing strategy can help businesses increase brand awareness, generate more leads, and boost their revenue. However, not every business has the resources, time, or expertise to execute successful marketing campaigns. And this is where outsourcing your marketing efforts can be of huge benefit.
But when do you know it’s right to outsource your marketing?
Firstly, what does outsourcing your marketing actually entail? Essentially you hire an external expert or a third-party agency to handle your marketing efforts that otherwise you would perform in-house. These services are flexible and can be varied. For example, it might the development of an overall marketing strategy in line with business objectives, a specific campaign to generate revenue or engagement, through to a brand audit or a redesign of your logo.
Sound pricey £££? Well, no not really! In fact, it can be more cost effective to outsource your marketing. And really advantageous for lots of reasons…
- You get access to expertise: Outsourcing your marketing gives you access to a network of experts who have specialist knowledge and skills in multiple areas of marketing. These professionals are trained and experienced in developing and implementing marketing strategies that drive results. They can serve as a fresh pair of eyes providing insights, ideas, and creative solutions that may be difficult to come up with internally.
- It can be more economically viable: Outsourcing your marketing can be more cost-effective in the long run. Employing a marketing team in-house can mean additional overheads (salaries, benefits, training etc) plus you have to find and retain the right talent. Outsourcing your marketing means you don’t have those investments or headaches; you can just work in a flexible way with experienced professionals, who provide consistency, at a controllable budget.
- You get total flexibility: If there is a particular area of marketing that you find hard to deliver or don’t have the resource for, then consider outsourcing that particular project, event or function. And if your business has high and low seasons then the external agency or expert only needs to support when you need them.
- It can save you time: Oh, to have more time!! The things we could do! Developing a successful marketing strategy takes time and effort. Outsourcing your marketing can save you time and allow you to focus on other critical areas of the business.
- It will ensure you are innovative: Outsourcing (to the right people) will mean that you get access to the latest marketing tools, techniques and trends. This will also save time, money and resource.
- It provides a source of fresh thinking: Experts bring with them new ideas and ways of doing things that your internal team might not have considered.
- It allows for collaboration: Marketing teams can be small, one person or in some cases non-existent. And if you’re on your own it can be a lonely place. So, working with an external team can offer support, mentoring and an opportunity to brainstorm together. This will then improve your in-house efforts through learning.
- It can help drive results. Sometimes there’s an important project where you need guaranteed results, for example, an event where you need to ensure registrations. Bringing in a specialist for particular projects, with specific goals and dedicated time and focus will ensure you achieve your results and ROI.
Sounds great right?
And there are lots of different reasons why our clients outsource their marketing work to Fidelity.
- A lack of resources: Some are smaller businesses who don’t have the resources to hire a full-time marketing team.
–> They come to us to provide a necessary resource that they need to implement effective marketing strategies.
- Inconsistent marketing efforts: Sometimes it’s because whatever they are doing aren’t generating the results they want.
–> They come to us as they want to generate some fresh ideas and inspiration from an external perspective.
- Limited expertise: It could be because their marketing team is inexperienced and are great at the doing, but don’t have the same range of skills and expertise as a senior marketer.
–> They come to us so we can fill in the gaps and help the team with the higher-level strategic thinking, planning and implementation.
- When things get busy: Frequently organisations have busy periods when the team are too stretched. They just need help to roll out a project, for example a membership recruitment campaign or a visitor engagement campaign before an event.
–> They come to us as a reliable supplier who will plan, manage and implement a standalone project or campaign within that time period to take pressure off the wider team.
In summary, outsourcing is an excellent solution for businesses looking to drive results through marketing, without the investment of hiring and training an in-house team.
It provides access to specialised expertise, is cost-effective, and can save time. If your business lacks the resources, consistency or expertise and isn’t achieving the results it wants, or needs, then outsourcing your marketing can help you succeed.